More of massive wood score.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Getting down light at end of tunnel, what you see here is a 75 foot long pile, that much has already been hauled out in 3- 12 foot dump trailers by my friend who went in half. Two foot walnut a shame to burn, but I sure like burning it, I split all my pieces extra large , as the BK Parlor has a big mouth to be fed. Two huge white oak logs left to cut, and split and done , by end of July hopefully.

w1.jpg w2.jpg w3.jpg w4.jpg

That's a lot of work and your addicted to wood...In hot weather space that work out so we will not be reading about heat strokes..lol clancey

Reactions: DiBurn90
Getting down light at end of tunnel, what you see here is a 75 foot long pile, that much has already been hauled out in 3- 12 foot dump trailers by my friend who went in half. Two foot walnut a shame to burn, but I sure like burning it, I split all my pieces extra large , as the BK Parlor has a big mouth to be fed. Two huge white oak logs left to cut, and split and done , by end of July hopefully.

View attachment 280136 View attachment 280137 View attachment 280138 View attachment 280139
I'm in the sugar maples very cool spot to work in, and I drink plenty of sugar free electrolytes, so far so good. Splitting wood is a fantastic relaxation experience after dealing with idiots all day. Next project is a tri axle of red oak, since no one wants to buy it, enough wood here for 10 years.

I like what I see there. I would up splitting last weekend. I never split in the summer let alone July but the idiots I have to deal with on a daily basis are making life to hard. I split all weekend.. and when I was done.. I felt good

That's called "work therapy" and after I do that (I move things around my house) I feel good too...lol clancey

I like what I see there. I would up splitting last weekend. I never split in the summer let alone July but the idiots I have to deal with on a daily basis are making life to hard. I split all weekend.. and when I was done.. I felt good
I love splitting in the shade in summer, doesn't matter how hot those maples really cool things down.

Don't feel guilty, I burn lots of black walnut. Let others make the furniture, I need fire!

Reactions: CentralVAWoodHeat
I'm with you ohlongarm I love processing as much wood as I can in the warm summer months. I work in the shade in the woods as much as I can.