My chimney cleaning results.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freddypd

Burning Hunk
Jan 3, 2012
Long Island NY
I said I would post pictures of my cleaning results. This was my first year burning and learning. Bought most of my wood this year. Some of it wasn't that dry, hopefully next year will be better.

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1030.JPG

I hired someone to do the job. Really nice guy spent a little over two hours here! He was very clean and neat about everything. He even trimmed the chimney liner. He said it was installed way too high which only gave the cap a little room to vent. Next season I think I will do one or two mid season cleanings myself.

DSC00733.JPG

DSC00734.JPG

DSC00737.JPG

Reactions: PA Fire Bug
You will definitely see better results from seasoned wood. Most sellers claim to sell seasoned wood, but it's almost always freshly split before they deliver. Get 2-3 years of wood stacked, you will be amazed when you burn 2 year old seasoned wood.

Yes the difference is amazing when the wood is dry. I recently posted my chimney cleaning results, and as the wood has longer and longer to dry out, I'm noticing less and less buildup in the chimney. I'm glad I got that job done before it gets REALLY hot here!

Status
Not open for further replies.