Need new tires...help me choose!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
on the durango I run BFG long trails...... best bang for your buck and tread life----BUT if you need serious snow performance, then you need to get a dedicated winter tire to install when winter comes around.

On the '01 Ram, I had Michelin LT's on it until last April. I put 70k on them, and they where on the truck when I bought it. In April, I got a descent deal on some Firestone Transforce HT's. They are a little slick in the rain, but I'm impressed with the snow performance. The "blizzard" we had after Christmas, I didn't even put it in 4-wheel until I got the driveway; about 40 miles from work. Between the towns plowing, and the drifts; some over the bumper, and a short right hand turn, no other logical choice.

I like the Blizzaks. I had them on a 626 Mazda and the car was night and day in the snow. When she changed to the Subaru there was no need for them, but if its that bad we don't go out.

Status
Not open for further replies.