New build, new wood heat options....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The specs are still being worked on as we finalize the exact dimensions. I don’t have an exact answer for you there. Aprilair is the brand we are going with, I THINK. The 8100 erv was the model discussed. It’s a bit oversized So we’ll keep looking. It will most likely dump into the main hallway.
https://www.aprilaire.com/whole-house-products/ventilation/model-8100

It should ideally draw stale air to be exhausted from bathrooms & kitchen (high moisture & odor spots) and supply the fresh incoming air to each of the other rooms (bedrooms & living/sitting/family rooms). Ours has 4" ducts going to each room in the house. Plus the basement, where it sucks from one end & blows to the other.

Just in case you don't know about it. The site greenbuildingadvisor.com
Has a lot to say about the type of house you are building

They call it a pretty good house to separate the design from the passive haus crowd.

Reactions: begreen
So I guess since this is a new build there will be a proper OAK for the stove so its not competing with other appliances in the home for combustion air?