New firewood shed is filling up.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
About 12 cords 80% red oak,10% osage range ,10% sun
crapload.jpg
burst honey locust.
Twenty four X 14 is the size wood is stacked 8 feet.Plenty room left.One apple tree also.

About 12 cords 80% red oak,10% osage range ,10% sunView attachment 250584burst honey locust.
Twenty four X 14 is the size wood is stacked 8 feet.Plenty room left.One apple tree also.
Is that dry already? I would be worried it will take forever to dry like that possibly even mold

Dry as the proverbial bone.Oak 4,and osage 4 years young,Starburst honeylocust 2 years,i won't even get into that wood for several years.

Reactions: bholler
Dry as the proverbial bone.Oak 4,and osage 4 years young,Starburst honeylocust 2 years,i won't even get into that wood for several years.
Ok then good. I was pretty sure you would know better than stacking wet wood like that but others may not

That's a stack of pretty darn good wood, you should have a banner year burning that supply.

Good hoard. I like the plastic pallets those things will never rot.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Amen ,will never have a wooden pallet here ever,those are from a rubber company 2000lbs of raw rubber in a big bale sat on those,$8 apiece well worth it.

Reactions: Microduck17
That's a stack of pretty darn good wood, you should have a banner year burning that supply.
I may not get to any of that for at least 3 years,plenty more where that came from.

Thats a great price on the pallets. I can't find them for under 20 a piece close to home. I get really sturdy heavy wooden pallets from a machinery company near where I work they last a few years on dry ground. Where is the rubber company at? I saw you are in NE Ohio It might not be out of the question for me to drive up there and get a truckload of them at tax time.

Thats a great price on the pallets. I can't find them for under 20 a piece close to home. I get really sturdy heavy wooden pallets from a machinery company near where I work they last a few years on dry ground. Where is the rubber company at? I saw you are in NE Ohio It might not be out of the question for me to drive up there and get a truckload of them at tax time.

I'll pm you where i got them.

Reactions: Microduck17
I'll have to be on the look out for those plastic pallets - They look nice.

Currently i just get wood ones for free - whenever the bottom rots i'll rotate that one out, trash the bottom rotten layer and burn the top.