New insert using a stove thermometer question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodhog73

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2016
Somewhere cold !
Hello
I recently had a quadrafire 3100I insert installed. It puts out a decent amount of heat and does a decent job of heating the hearth room, living room, and the kitchen if I use the blower on it. Anyways I have a question.

I think I'm a good judge of getting the burn rate and temperature just right based on burn pattern and heat output but I was thinking of picking up a stove thermometer.

Are these worth it ? And can you use it on an insert ? The 3100 insert is a bay design and sticks out roughly 6 inches. I was thinking of attaching the thermometer to the top part that's sticking out above the glass door. Would this be an accurate location? Being an insert I can't attach it to the stove pipe for obvious reasons.

Thanks !

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.