New to me Jotul F600

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolley

Feb 8, 2015
Center Valley, Pa
Hi Woodies! Got a used Jotul F600 today for $700. Probably should have done some more research but its mine now and I will hopefully get it up and burning. Stove looks to be in decent shape... its missing the door glasses, smoke outlet,handles and I think an upper baffle and insulating blanket. From what I could find on the web its supposed to have a baffle that sits on top of the burner tubes and a blanket on top of that. Also the pieces that the tubes connect to,dont know what they're called, are damaged on one side.
Just getting started so feel free to correct me in any way. This seems like the right place to be.

1st pic is the damaged piece where the burner tube goes.
2nd pic is some pieces I found in the ashpan??? What did this used to be?

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 162
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Brolley. I'm green as grass myself but this is a very friendly and helpful place. Sorry to be no help with your issues.

Looks a bit rough. What I see you need to replace the secondary air manifolds and tubes as well.

Last edited:
Look a bit rough. What I see you need to replace the secondary air manifolds and tubes as well.
Yes, the manifold on one side is shot. The tubes look to be in good shape though. Any idea what those pieces in the 2nd pic are. They kinda look like honeycomb. Could they be pieces of the old blanket?

Yes, the manifold on one side is shot. The tubes look to be in good shape though. Any idea what those pieces in the 2nd pic are. They kinda look like honeycomb. Could they be pieces of the old blanket?
I don't have the stove, so only guessing. Maybe a bee nest, rope gasket, insulation blanket.

Status
Not open for further replies.