Noob here, need some help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Slimz_toy

Oct 8, 2017
I recently purchased a us stove 6039 used from a Facebook garage sale site. I'm in the process of going through it and double checking all working components. The question I have is my house has a Chimney already there, it's 6" coming through the wall. Will I be able to reduce that down and hook up to the stove or is there some modification that I'm looking at doing. Previous owner said there was a pellet stove already there with no problems. Tsc associate said I would need to put install new Chimney pipe. Looking for experienced feedback.

The short answer YES it will work
My pellet stove pipe is connected to a class A
6 in chimney Just need the proper reducer
Some people will say it should not be done
But I have had no problems using it for the
last 15 years !

What does your owners manual say?? Some might want a full liner to run up through the 6 inch chimney, but most will just say feed it into the chimney, it will work ok.