Note from a German about Holz Hausen

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fossil said:
BJ64 said:
..I think AP and Rick should try to explain the physics of the claim...

Right off the top, there are two things about Woodzilla that I'll leave to AP to explain: 1.) How, exactly, is Woodzilla able to levitate?, and: 2.) Why doesn't Woodzilla's snout just burst into flames? Rick

I have an idea that might explain this!

Woodzilla is alive so his snout is still too green to burn.

Ummmm... levitate....I don't know....do trees get the creosote farts? That or he has ants in his pants and what you think is levitating is actually him hopping about to get away from them. Heck that may be why he is angry at everything.

HUH! I never really understood the concept of faster drying cause those HH stacks are way tighter than mine but what do I know...yeah they do look cool though esp if you're in a suburban neighborhood. I pile my wood loosely in a humongous pile and yeah it does take a little longer to season but you save so much time from not stacking that it's very easy to get many, many years ahead so you're not behind the 8 ball. Well the HH's do put a lot of wood in a confined area ya can't take that away from it.

BJ64 said:
fossil said:
BJ64 said:

Right off the top, there are two things about Woodzilla that I'll leave to AP to explain: 1.) How, exactly, is Woodzilla able to levitate?, and: 2 Rick

I have an idea that might explain this!

Woodzilla is alive so his snout is still too green to burn.

Ummmm... levitate....I don't know....do trees get the creosote farts?

I don't know about creosote farts but i have herd of gas logs.

My parents always told me that I was born in a holz hausen in Bitburg in 1970. I said to them, "You idiots, you couldn't find a hospital, I had to be born in a wood pile?". Turns out I was born in a Log Cabin. Cheers to me!

I guess I better create a new avatar. But I still like the smaller footprint for stacking .

adrpga498 said:
I guess I better create a new avatar. But I still like the smaller footprint for stacking .

I'm stashing wood back for next year already. I'll make and HH out of the pile here at the house for conversation if anybody checks it out.

renewablejohn said:
If you do really want to dry wood in 3 months then a dry polytunnel with staging and air vents at each end does really work.

Wow that is cool!

Can you show us a picture or draw something up on that?

fossil said:
BJ64 said:

Right off the top, there are two things about Woodzilla that I'll leave to AP to explain: 1.) How, exactly, is Woodzilla able to levitate?, and: 2.) Why doesn't Woodzilla's snout just burst into flames? Rick

I doubt the creature experiences flatulence at all. Think about it- he needs that combustible gas. Note that he swells to 3 times his normal size during levitation- a simple redirection of his gasifier products inflates him.

As for his snout not bursting into flames- clearly it is wood treated with whatever they treated the Rocketeer's pants. Think about it- why didn't his legs just burn off?
rocketeerFlying.jpg

This is also why I shut down my jet pack research- I'm not putting on pants just to become a super hero. No way.

I am sorry to say that I will not be able to be woodzilla. The reason is: WE ALL READY HAVE A FORUM MEMBER NAMED WOODZILLA.

If he steps forward, the job is rightfully his. :down:

mannybeingmanny said:
My parents always told me that I was born in a holz hausen in Bitburg in 1970. I said to them, "You idiots, you couldn't find a hospital, I had to be born in a wood pile?". Turns out I was born in a Log Cabin. Cheers to me!

Whew!
I was beginning to think that the woodpile thing was like the second coming (like a manger)

BJ64 said:
renewablejohn said:
If you do really want to dry wood in 3 months then a dry polytunnel with staging and air vents at each end does really work.

Wow that is cool!

Can you show us a picture or draw something up on that?

Really not much to show just a standard polytunnel which we have spare with windbreak mesh at either end for ventilation. Staging is builders stands with corrugated tin sheets to form benches and logs stacked on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.