OK got my 'shelf'... rant

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moondoggy

Oct 29, 2007
Long Island NY
its the listing under warming shelf. painted black.
http://www.lehmans.com/shopping/pro...emID=397&itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&keyword=vc0098

after 2 weeks 'IT' came.
and by thast i mean 1 shelf. (not shelves... ok my mistake.. you can imagine how bummed I am .
should there be 2? thats what i waited for.
i payed 93.00 for 1 shelf ?? dang.

i can return it.
so bummed
think i will return it
i didnt want to spend 186.00 for shelves..... having 1 will look dumb.
damn it.

Well it does say shelf, not shelves, maybe get one now and the other when you can afford it

Unfortunately - I think that is the way they sell them.... 1 at a time (not sure if VC sells as a set or not). I think you could be in pretty good shape if you return it, especially since it is painted vs. enameled. I've seen lots of pictures of different installations where there was only one rack because of location (yeah - it does look a little odd). I think most of the racks are "multi-fit", but I'll let the real experts chime in on that. You may want to try ebay or craigslist - I've seen some sets going there for quite a lot less $ in the past.

thanks guys.
i have the extra cash....but 90 bucks for 1 ( and these are small) seems steep... although i am living in the past when it comes to cost for goods according to my wife.
i was just so psyched to get it........ then as i'm opening it to find 1 was just such a let down.

i know it's my error... i keep walking around mumbling 'shelFFFFF' so at least i can laugh at myself.... and wife who placed it for me.. we should have known better.

Status
Not open for further replies.