P68 help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

carnochanm

Mar 17, 2023
Maryland
Hello,
I have had my P68 at least 12 years now and having a problem that I cant seem to figure out. We came home and turned on the stove and there was no power at all to the stove. Found a bad fuse on the circuit board. Replaced fuse and stove came on fine but would not auto ignite. Checked ignitor and it looked pretty bad and when taking out one of the wires fell off. Possibly the cause of the bad fuse maybe. Ordered new genuine ignitors. Was able to run stove by manually lighting and stove worked normal until we got new ignitors delivered.

Replaced ignitor and still wouldnt start. Cleaned everything real good and checked the fresh air kit and that all checked out good. Stove will time out and give me the 5 blinks of status lights. Ignitor light is on but after running a while I do not feel any warmth in the burn pot like the ignitor is not actually working.

Ordered an OHM meter and waiting for it to get delivered.
Same pellets I have burned all year
Door gaskets look good
I did order 2 ignitors so tomorrow I may swap the one I just put in with the other but suspect the first one is ok.
With having the original problem of the bad fuse what are the chances of the board being possibly bad? Everything works fine though when lit manually. Possibly the board isnt sending good voltage to the ignitor.

What is the voltage I should see going to the ignitor?

Thanks and appreciate any suggestions.

Hello,
I have had my P68 at least 12 years now and having a problem that I cant seem to figure out. We came home and turned on the stove and there was no power at all to the stove. Found a bad fuse on the circuit board. Replaced fuse and stove came on fine but would not auto ignite. Checked ignitor and it looked pretty bad and when taking out one of the wires fell off. Possibly the cause of the bad fuse maybe. Ordered new genuine ignitors. Was able to run stove by manually lighting and stove worked normal until we got new ignitors delivered.

Replaced ignitor and still wouldnt start. Cleaned everything real good and checked the fresh air kit and that all checked out good. Stove will time out and give me the 5 blinks of status lights. Ignitor light is on but after running a while I do not feel any warmth in the burn pot like the ignitor is not actually working.

Ordered an OHM meter and waiting for it to get delivered.
Same pellets I have burned all year
Door gaskets look good
I did order 2 ignitors so tomorrow I may swap the one I just put in with the other but suspect the first one is ok.
With having the original problem of the bad fuse what are the chances of the board being possibly bad? Everything works fine though when lit manually. Possibly the board isnt sending good voltage to the ignitor.

What is the voltage I should see going to the ignitor?

Thanks and appreciate any suggestions.
hi, P61A here but same parts and inards..
my ignitor crapped out few yrs ago starting with blown fuse....
ignitor was not shutting off and somewhow it affected the control board....actually it was reverse as the board was not shutting off the ignitor..
pretty sure that is the case in your situation....
note: there is a part on the board called a trid or triac which controls the ignitors off/on sequence..
in the end i had to replace the board but i did not buy the cheap ignitors sold on Amazon..
not saying you did but i bought OEM from pellets stove parts web sites along wth a new board..
pix of ignitor below.
btw: if that part on the board is bad, everything else on the stove will work normal Except Ignitor will not function.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz15812747747191387713398036070802.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mt Bob
hi, P61A here but same parts and inards..
my ignitor crapped out few yrs ago starting with blown fuse....
ignitor was not shutting off and somewhow it affected the control board....actually it was reverse as the board was not shutting off the ignitor..
pretty sure that is the case in your situation....
note: there is a part on the board called a trid or triac which controls the ignitors off/on sequence..
in the end i had to replace the board but i did not buy the cheap ignitors sold on Amazon..
not saying you did but i bought OEM from pellets stove parts web sites along wth a new board..
pix of ignitor below.
btw: if that part on the board is bad, everything else on the stove will work normal Except Ignitor will not function.

View attachment 311132
Thanks for the info. My ignitor looked vary similar to yours. I am going to order the replacement board and also add a fuse inline like MT Bob mentioned above.

Thanks for the info. My ignitor looked vary similar to yours. I am going to order the replacement board and also add a fuse inline like MT Bob mentioned above.
Also, one indication was my electric bill jumped quite a bit that month as the ignitor was on 24/7 for who knows how long till it finally gave out. It's only electrical part that pulls a full 110 to operate.

Reactions: Mt Bob