Piazetta p158 startup E12 code

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tmhamm09

Dec 2, 2023
America
I'm not new to pellet stoves, but new to the Piazzetta line. My new P158 was installed yesterday, but immediately has an E12 error going through the startup cycle.

There isn't much info on the p158 stove on how to remove the side panel to access the board and plugins to make sure the smoke motor is plugged in correctly. I have the screws out and panel is loose but I'm not sure how to fully remove and don't want to bust anything. I replaced the fuse on back to ensure that's good too.

I'm also going through the cleaning, but cannot get the back panel out in the combustion chamber. There was some Styrofoam inside that I want to make sure didn't get pieces stuck anywhere. That piece doesn't lift up enough to pull out.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum
Do you have a manual?
Right from the manual ( Please read and understand your stove)
Warning “E12”A malfunction has been detected in the smoke extractor fan. The appliance shutdown phase begins. POSSIBLE CAUSES ACTIONOperations which require the intervention of the T.A.C.Encoder faulty or disconnectedCheck and inspect that connections are in accordance with the wiring diagram and replace if necessary with original spare partsFaulty electronic board Check and replace if necessary an original spare part protection fuses Check and replace if necessary with an original spare pa