Please look at your VC Montpelier and check something for me please!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
No spacers on door or stove side. Stove side has lower part of hinge connected to the plate that is bolted onto the stove. Door side has upper part of hinge connected to plate that is bolted to the door. Any spacing provided are integral to the stove or the door, and contain the threads for the bolts to go into.

This was visual inspection only. I did not take anything apart. And I did look at the diagram and see what you mean about "spacers". I purchased my Montpelier in about 2009. Maybe they changed the design but never updated the manual? Or I am missing parts too. :)

I ordered new hinges for stove and door along with spacers for both. I actually get a tighter seal with the spacers OUT on both sides but needed a couple washers on the stove side so the door could actually hinge and hit the lip on the stove and open and close freely