Progress Hybrid reload question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fespo

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 14, 2005
South West burbs of Chicago
Can you reload your stove with surface temp at 350-400 and then re engage the com buster or wait till fire is in a full rage again? Thanks

Can you reload your stove with surface temp at 350-400 and then re engage the com buster or wait till fire is in a full rage again? Thanks
Yes but I always wait til its raging and it rises from the temp at loading. So if it's 350 when I load I'll wait til its 400 before engaging.

Reactions: fespo
No problem reloading at 350 to 400 degrees. Just let the fire get "raging" again before engaging the catalytic combustor. I have tried to engage the cat right after I load when the stove is already at 400 degrees and it doesn't work well. Best to let the wood that was loaded get fully engaged in the burning process....

Reactions: fespo
No problem reloading at 350 to 400 degrees. Just let the fire get "raging" again before engaging the catalytic combustor. I have tried to engage the cat right after I load when the stove is already at 400 degrees and it doesn't work well. Best to let the wood that was loaded get fully engaged in the burning process....
Thanks