Progress without me

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hadn't thought of that. I can shut the tanks off, but now that takes pulling the cellulose. Yes, 8" flue.

Yes on the dump. I have a automatic standby gen, so I didn't need anything else more complicated.

I have..

2 manual temps on storage vents. (one on top of each 500)
2 temp on in and out leg of primary loop that feeds oil boiler loads
2 temp on wood boiler. input and output.

I also put 4 digital probes in the tanks. they are at the elbows on the supply/return from boiler. Those tie to a little digital internet enabled box. I lost one of them in the spray foam process. But I have two upper tank readouts, and one lower tank readout. I haven't gotten around to setting them up to email my wife when she needs to load the boiler :)

JP
emailing your wife when she needs to load it? I love it! I would have to be able to tie that alert into a shock collar in order to get my wife to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.