Quad 4300 Millenium ACC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sadams14

Dec 29, 2017
Street, MD
All,

Fairly new to the wood stove game. Use it to supplement my heat pump with propane back up. Anyways, after reading the owners manual, scrolling through countless forums, and watching many videos, I want to make sure I understand the burn controls on my stove. From what I gather, fully press back and pull forward the ACC to start and every reload (I think the reload is a bit overkill). While burning, the ACC lever should be closest to the face of the stove. This would mean your primary adjustment would be the top right lever. My real question is when the other two bars on the "rear air" sticker would be used. If always burning on the 1st of 3 bars before start up, where do the second and third bars come into play? I have been trying to dial this in now for a month, and feel like I get the best overall burn with it being on the second bar of the "rear air". Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sadams