Quadra Fire Hudson Bay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pheasant16

Dec 24, 2013
ND
Merry Christmas one and all.

Momma wanted a bigger gas stove downstairs, so had this put in yesterday. Did the initial 4 hour burn off yesterday. Instruction manual says to clean glass after this burn to remove any deposits before using it to reduce chance of fogging the glass. We were both at work when the installers left, and the store won't be open today to ask how. The manual isn't the greatest for clarity (for me anyway). After looking at the stove, have an idea, but am hoping someone here might tell me how so I don't end up breaking something. Tim Taylor ain't got nuthin on me. ;)

Thanks in advance.

Page 28 of your manual tells you EXACTLY how to remove the door.
Clean the glass panel with the same paste you would use on a ceramic cooktop.

Page 28 of your manual tells you EXACTLY how to remove the door.
Clean the glass panel with the same paste you would use on a ceramic cooktop.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes. I've read this. Rotate the door is what catches me.
To me it would seem after releasing the bottom spring loaded latches, you'd pull the bottom out toward you a little, then lift up to take
door off the top 2 hinges(stationary latches)

Also wondering about the grill. Is it supposed to come off before or with the door, or is it attached to something.

Like previously stated; it's brand new, and would prefer to do it correctly so as not to bugger it up the day after the install.

Thanks for the tip about cooktop cleaner. Would have used something like windex otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.