Question about optimal fan speed on wood insert.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bassmantweed

Nov 22, 2013
Avon, CT
My gut says running on high puts off the most heat but I thought I wood (get it wood) ask the experts.

Does running it slower put off less air but hotter?

Does fan speed matter?

On high, all the time. Slower fan speed = less heat output.

What insert, and house lay out?

I run the PE on low, always.

Your mileage may vary.

What insert, and house lay out?
The faster the blower is running, the stronger the convection loop to other parts of the house. Obviously, that's more blower noise though. You might put your stove make and model in your sig...

I think it depends. On my regency 2400 insert, the high setting heats up the house real fast, but tends to cause the stove to cool down much quicker and if it's not loaded with a completely full load, I eventually lose the secondary burn.

We generally leave it on low, which is much quieter and heats the house nicely anyway,

I think it depends. On my regency 2400 insert, the high setting heats up the house real fast, but tends to cause the stove to cool down much quicker and if it's not loaded with a completely full load, I eventually lose the secondary burn.

We generally leave it on low, which is much quieter and heats the house nicely anyway,
ditto

for quick warmups of the house high .on slow and steady gives the stove the ability to stay hot .mine turns on at 120fbut near the end of the cycle start feeling cold air,being 460cfm doesn"t help;lol

I put our older regency insert on high asap after fire starts to warm the top, say 5-7 after lighting. I do this in the morning warmup only. Fan is not terribly loud. It warms the kitchen/family room to 66/68 in about 30/40 minutes. After the kid leaves for school, I put in on auto/low and refill before going to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.