Question for a Hearthstone Shelburne Owner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanCorcoran

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 5, 2010
Richmond, VA
I have a Shelburne on order, but haven't been able to see one in the showroom yet. I know this is a medium-sized stove (2.0 cu ft), and that the firebox is 19"-20" wide, but I have no idea how deep it is. Can anyone tell me what the useful depth of the stove is (that is, without wedging a split between the rear firebrick and the front glass)? I'm assuming it's between 11"-13" deep. Thanks in advance...

Hi Dan, measured the one on our showroom floor and it looks like about 13-1/4" from back wall to the front ledge where the air comes into the firebox. I would say approx 12" of depth (comfortable & useable)

Thanks...I appreciate your time.

Keep us posted on that stove. I have to stop and look at the one at the local stove shop every time I am in there.

It's scheduled for installation on March 3, but the cabin is on top of a ridge (2300') at the end of a mile-long, uphill, unpaved road in the George Washington National Forest. We'll see if the snow gods allow for installation then. (Can't understand why, but the installers don't want to lug a 400-pound cast iron stove up a snow-covered slope, then climb onto a 12/12 roof covered with ice to install a chimney!)

Whenever it's installed, I'll post photos (I ordered the brown enamel model with the blower).

You're going to really enjoy the Shelburne and I bet you find it to be a wise buy. To answer your question about depth, I have no problems getting two good sized pieces of wood on the "floor" of the stove. My splits are 18", normal dimensions when split. Get a long pair of welding gloves to help load it and you'll be all set.

Status
Not open for further replies.