question on red oak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But we know you like beer Ray.

Reactions: raybonz
$200.00 c\s\d is a good price in this area..

Ray

A few miles makes a big differnece on price in MA. I spent some time cruising craigslis and making calls.

• Around me (metrowest between 128/I-95 and I-495) the going prices are 250-350 per cord for "seasoned" (not) hardwood CSS delivered and dumped. Few ads for green.
  • If you look in Boston and the directly adjacent towns the prices skyrocked to 400+ and you see a lot of dealers advertizing half quarter and half cords at crazy number like 300. (selling to the apartment dwellers)
  • Go outside I-495 and search Worcester county the prices drop into the mid 200s for seasoned and I see the occasional 150-200 for green and some hundred buck cords of pine. Problem is a lot of these ads are in the Asian beetle quarantine zone.
Best deals are on log loads (as low as $75/cord), but I dont have space to take an 8 cord grapple.

80ft red oak should be almost 2 cords of wood depending on the diameter no?

Status
Not open for further replies.