Received bid for new stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
They only market to professionals. Until recently they only sold to pros. And they market to us very well

Except that marketing for residential products, particularly those that are visible in the house, typically extends to the end user also even when not sold through retail channels. After all, it's the homeowner who has to live with it. And the two professionals I solicited bids from did not recommend it. Whether that is their professional preference or a lack of marketing, I don't know.

Should I request Ventis pipe? I don't know because I still don't feel like I know much about it. How would the price compare to the two brands already bid?

Ventis and ICC Excel are both premium pipe brands. That doesn't mean that other chimney or piping is bad. We've had DuraTech chimney here for 10+yrs and it's doing fine. Your bids may be trying to stay lower to be competitive. No harm in calling them up and seeing if they also stock premium brand parts.