Regency insert with broken welds I3100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

creek chub

Sep 28, 2015
Va
Just curious if any regency insert owners experienced broken welds. I had mine inspected yesterday and two broken welds were found. It’s only been in service since 2015.

I started a warranty claim thru the dealer with regency.

Anybody know if regency honors their warranties?

Thanks

They seem pretty good, especially with a good dealer advocating. Will this require a simple reweld or is it more serious? Can you post some pictures of the issues?

Reactions: Mt Bob
They seem pretty good, especially with a good dealer advocating. Will this require a simple reweld or is it more serious? Can you post some pictures of the issues?
I think it’d require replacement. The broken welds are in the firebox. I’ll see if I can figure out how to attach pics
Thanks

They do have some issues with the air manifolds cracking like most tube stove manufacturers have. And yes they will replace the stove.

Reactions: creek chub
Unless it's been severely overfired and the cracks are large it's probably repairable.
The chimney sweep contractor wrote up a nice report with pictures. He specifically stated it didn’t looked over fired and the flu only contained fine ash like dust

Reactions: bholler
The chimney sweep contractor wrote up a nice report with pictures. He specifically stated it didn’t looked over fired and the flu only contained fine ash like dust

That's good, start with Regency first, if they will replace it then that's the best route to take.

That's good, start with Regency first, if they will replace it then that's the best route to take.
I called regency and they told me to contact my dealer to start to warranty claim process.
Now I’m really concerned about product availability too

I called regency and they told me to contact my dealer to start to warranty claim process.
Now I’m really concerned about product availability too
You won't get a 3100 they havnt been in production for a few years now. But they will take care of you.

Thanks for tge info.
Do you know a comparable model that they make?
Right now the closest thing would probably be the 2700 but they are supposedly introducing a new large non cat insert soon

I havnt done any warranty replacements since the new 2020 stuff so I don't know how they are handling it

Is it better to have a non cat insert? I honestly don’t understand what this means.
Not better or worse just different. Your current stove is noncat and uses air tubes for secondary combustion. Currently the only large insert regency has is a hybrid that uses air tubes and a catalytic combustor

Not better or worse just different. Your current stove is noncat and uses air tubes for secondary combustion. Currently the only large insert regency has is a hybrid that uses air tubes and a catalytic combustor
I’m anxious to hear regency’s response on what model they’ll replace it with

I’m anxious to hear regency’s response on what model they’ll replace it with
In today's economy,I doubt they will,after reading their warranty. ---

"Alternatively, FPI may at its
own discretion fully discharge all of its obligations under the warranty by refunding the verified purchase price of
the product to the original purchaser. The purchase price must be confirmed by the original Bill of Sale."

In today's economy,I doubt they will,after reading their warranty. ---

"Alternatively, FPI may at its
own discretion fully discharge all of its obligations under the warranty by refunding the verified purchase price of
the product to the original purchaser. The purchase price must be confirmed by the original Bill of Sale."
Yes they may give a refund instead. But it has nothing to do with the economy. Just they don't have that product to replace the unit with