Score a new wood stove! Woo Hoooo!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gunner said:
Once you figure out how to keep them fibre boards together on the 30's then we will talk...until then, KISS MY ASH DUMP :p

No moving boards here. Or belly sag on the baffle for that matter. Up you ash dump. :coolgrin:

BrotherBart said:
Gunner said:
Once you figure out how to keep them fibre boards together on the 30's then we will talk...until then, KISS MY ASH DUMP :p

No moving boards here. Or belly sag on the baffle for that matter. Up you ash dump. :coolgrin:

Really?

Stove companies don’t seem to like to answer baffle related questions it appears. I asked one about the baffle on the 30-NC twice last winter and repeated it during the summer and there is a deafening silence on the subject. Not warping since it is fiber board, though it does “bow”, but a question of the two boards moving apart leaving a straight shot up the pipe for some of the gases before they get a chance to burn. Looks like I have to try a solution of my own this season.

Gunner said:
Stove companies don’t seem to like to answer baffle related questions it appears. I asked one about the baffle on the 30-NC twice last winter and repeated it during the summer and there is a deafening silence on the subject. Not warping since it is fiber board, though it does “bow”, but a question of the two boards moving apart leaving a straight shot up the pipe for some of the gases before they get a chance to burn. Looks like I have to try a solution of my own this season.

I am not the kind of person that would do such a thing, but if I was I would lay a piece of stove stove gasket next to the edge of the fiber board and it would probably take care of it. Hypothetically speaking. The ironic thing is that if a person were to do something like that the gasket would cost almost exactly the same as a Summit baffle gasket. :coolsmirk:

Easy fix...BB the REAL R&D;man!

ducking

precaud said:
You guys must sell a TON of those things... yesterday I counted more than FIFTY 13's and 30's stacked on the shelves of the local Home Depot... and this is a town of only 80,00 people.
Spring sale next year! 50% off sticker.

I have found Lowes to be more liberal when it comes to getting rid of unwanted merchandise. Last year I got an $1800 fridge for $675. It was a special order Kitchen Aid. Customer refused it because it had some minor blemishes on the side panel. You know the part you never see.

As I result if I need something I always go to Lowes first to look for bargains.That is if there is a Lowes and Home Depot within a close distance to each other. Around here that is literally across the street. Home depot will typically do 10%. Although I have gotten the occasional good deal.

Other bargain buys from Lowes

Gas dryer $550=$125
Washer $800=$400
Granite top lav sink $300=$50
Kohler lav sink $150=$75
12" Frued blade $50=$15

James

Status
Not open for further replies.