Senior Parachute Club

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rottiman

Minister of Fire
Sep 23, 2009
Ontario Canada
Yesterday, my daughter emailed me, asking why I didn't do something useful with my time.
"Like sitting around the pool, drinking wine isn't a good thing?" I asked

Talking about my "doing something useful" seems to be her favorite topic of conversation. She is "only thinking of me," she said, and suggested that I go down to the Senior Center and hang out with the fellas.

So, I did and when I got home, I decided to play a prank on her. I sent her an email saying that I had joined the Senior Parachute Club.

She replied, "Are you nuts? You're 80-years-old and now you're going to start jumping out of airplanes?"

I told her that I even had a Membership Card and e-mailed a copy to her.

Immediately, she telephoned me and yelled; "Good grief, Dad, where are your glasses?! This is a membership to a Prostitute Club, not a Parachute Club."

“Oh man, am I in trouble?" I said; "I signed up and prepaid for five jumps a week!

The line went dead.
Life as a Senior Citizen may not be getting any easier; but it can be fun.

Hm, my philosophy has always been that jumping out of a perfectly good performing airplane is nuts.
Regarding the other club - no comment.

Reactions: rottiman
Remember when CNN had scrolling at the bottom of the screen that the chairman of the Fed was in the hospital with an enlarged prostitute?

Should have been prostate. His wife commented, "he should be so lucky."

Reactions: rottiman
I would recommend for everyone to do it. The rush is incredible.
I acknowledge that and am glad for you (and respect you for doing that). I've flown a lot and prefer to stay seated up there. To each his own.

We almost bought a jump when my father turned 100. Decided against it when I realized how much of a problem it would be if he even if he sprained an ankle (lived by himself in another state at the time). He was totally up for it.

New tandem chute today at Skydive Phoenix.
My grandson packs them. Really enjoys it. Did his first jump last summer. When the season ends in the north, he travels the country to pack where it stays warm enough to jump all year. Some instructors and packers take a plane to Mexico and continue their season there.
F17B7E8A-4408-4D7F-BB16-A5828D0FEFF3.jpeg Said it was his first brand new chute. Slippery and took 3 tries to get it in the bag.

52740D72-7A28-49EC-BFC2-BAA0BEB66FAA.jpeg
Brand new lines stowed, ready to stuff into bag. Don’t look too tangled to me _g.

4A254A73-C163-4DDD-9FCC-F49BCB2ACE83.jpeg

Way to go kid!
(Anyone that wants to try a brand new chute, he WILL help you out the door)