Severe Weather 2022

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I want to go to a college BB doubleheader next Saturday in Springfield, MA. Hall of Fame Classic. Some snow forecast. Probably won't go 80 miles away even if it is just light snow. Going to decide later this week if I will buy tickets.

Reactions: thewoodlands
7" is on my driveway from today. About 6 " is wet. Theyll be packing down the trails tomorrow and it'll be a great base! More snow forecast Thursday and Friday.

Game on!

7" is on my driveway from today. About 6 " is wet. Theyll be packing down the trails tomorrow and it'll be a great base! More snow forecast Thursday and Friday.

Game on!
We only received an inch of snow today, we'll see what Friday gives us. I planned on getting another face cord of Beech c/s/s but with a possible 11 plus inches coming in on Friday, I'll concentrate on cleaning up some trails around the house so I don't hit anything plowing.

We’ll, ran out to f snowblower gas this morning. Lol. Kid has 2 hour delay. She can finish it. Who am I kidding? I’ll get it when I get home or remind her then.

3.5" on the grass and about 2" on the paved driveway, plowed off all the pavement, left the turnaround thats top coated in millings untouched so it can be freezed in, supposedly a larger storm coming for Thursday / Friday time frame.

3/4" on the grass, nothing on the driveway here. Had to get some frozen rain off the windshield when we had to go to the parent teacher conference for my son this morning.

Accu is calling for between 12-18 inches from the storm coming in, what are some of the storm totals for other areas?

I saw that for the cabin up north! It was zero up there this morning!

They are guessing 4-8 down here in the capital region.

On Eastern Long Island, Friday 50 max during the day, 36 min at night. And rain.
No idea of how many inches.

Today NOAA has us getting 9 to 10 inches of heavy wet snow but Accu still has us getting 12-18 from this storm, any changes in your area?

Schenectady went from 4-8 to 6-10.

Cabin says 12-18 still.

XC ski area says 8-12.

We are starting our routes later on Friday.

I'm on the mix bag line 1-4" snow, then sleet and freezing rain, then 1" of regular rain to wash it all away.

Ugh, that's worse! A 2 degree change can put you squarely at 3" of ice, and then 1" of snow to cover it all up! I hope you get all rain or all snow!

Ugh, that's worse! A 2 degree change can put you squarely at 3" of ice, and then 1" of snow to cover it all up! I hope you get all rain or all snow!
I sealed the deal for mostly liquid precip.. put the rear blade and snow pusher on the tractor during lunch, mother nature now knows to just send rain my way.

Sure can, there are times that it would be safer on skates back here.

104_0065.JPG

Lol, I've done that - go to (elementary) school on skates. And then not on the canals but on the street. Looked like yours.
That was (twice) in the early 80s. I don't think this happened afterwards there. Things have warmed up since then.

Are you guys in the NE ready? Here it comes! We called the day for our field guys tomorrow and I’m ready to go skiing!

We had a decent front end thump of snow, about 3" fell then we dry slotted for an hour, drizzle and rain took over from there, temp is 33 deg f, cleared the driveway and walks before the slop got to heavy.

Up here it will start overnight, we'll see how much we get.

It feels great to get out and enjoy the snow!

1C563B9B-3A16-4BC9-BE44-7AE3EDA5BCE7.jpeg

We had power go out just before 12 today, it just came back on. Lots of tree damage in our area from this storm, I did see a nice load of big ass maple go by when I was plowing today.

It's still early yet but I'm seeing reports of another storm on the east coast just before Christmas.

This one was a washout for us here. Maybe 5, and more of a slushie than a snowstorm. Up north, higher elevations, they got 18” of wet!