Severe Weather Threat For 2020

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Slow and steady wins the race or sticky glue with crushed walnuts helps....:)

I agree...slow and easy. Try to brake as little as possible....and gather enough speed to climb the hills without over accelerating. On the twenty miles I drive to town I will take as many gravel roads as possible in a ice storm too. The loose gravel and uneven surface helps a lot plus less traffic. The other people on the road are what really worry me. The sticky glue and walnuts is interesting. I'll have to test that out.

Reactions: mcdougy
We received 4 or 5 inches of snow so it wasn't bad.

1/4" of ice then a 1" of wet snow....no damage or outages. The sun was out today and the ice dropped off the trees by 11a.m.
Just don't let the ice be like what we received in 98, that amount of ice would be scary back here with all the pines.

Reactions: mcdougy
Just don't let the ice be like what we received in 98, that amount of ice would be scary back here with all the pines.
Is there a decent snow pack up your way? I have a ski trip planned for Gore Mtn week of Jan 12th, hoping that the northern tier get pasted a few times so we have more trails to use.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Is there a decent snow pack up your way? I have a ski trip planned for Gore Mtn week of Jan 12th, hoping that the northern tier get pasted a few times so we have more trails to use.
Not even enough snow for the county to open up the snowmobile trail just down the road, we received 4 or 5 inches the other day.

I'm not sure what Gore has for snow but I'm sure it's not what they usually have. The last hard rains we had, I heard Whiteface lost a chit load of snow.

Thanks @CaptSpiff , I've been looking at that one to, I also like the old school nostalgia of ask some who lives in the area also, makes day dreaming more fun lol.

Reactions: CaptSpiff