Short (in height) wood burner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I was thinking of it being top connected, not rear connected to a tee, but this would depend on depth of the fireplace.

Another alternative would be an insert. Have you considered this option?
When I measure on the floor from the back wall of the fireplace to the beginning of the tile is 24 inches.... it gets more narrow as you go up. The brick arch to the back wall is 17 inches.

Mock this up out of cardboard to see where the flue outlet falls in the pointed up direction. It looks doable, but that will depend on the damper location and rear slope of the fireplace.
Short (in height) wood burner

Mock this up out of cardboard to see where the flue outlet falls in the pointed up direction. It looks doable, but that will depend on the damper location and rear slope of the fireplace.
View attachment 242324
Will do. All kidding aside, would it be better to get a Mason in here and raise the lintel to something like in the attached mock up? Id rather spend more in a direction that got me something I like than spend less (but still alot) in a direction where i'm settling in multiple ways.

Looks like the same fireplace shot.