Some questions for the 30NC experts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeyCity

Feeling the Heat
Mar 6, 2011
Western Pa
1) Do I really need to remove and scour the tubes every year ?
- I got away with wire brushing them w/out removal this season and they seem to work fine

2) Where are the inlets for the air that feeds those tubes ? Id like to clean those out because Ive read that
2nd-ary burn is greatly reduced by even a slight reduction in air flow to the tubes

3) If I were to increase the air flow a tad to the steel tubes would I likely gain anything (other than ruining a correctly engineered stove) ?

..smokey

On my fifth year and have never taken them out and cleaned them. The inlet is that rectangular opening in the back right behind the round primary intake tube. They get plenty of air as it is. Sometimes too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.