Song Of The Week.... Bring It Back?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Motley Crue thru Blondie and into Buffalo Springfield inside of one page. I'm experiencing whiplash.

It's amazing the way a song can take you back to a specific time in your life. I learned the following album while stripping a bad fiberglass job out of my first old mahogany boat, with the boat suspended from a sling, in a hot plastic tent built over a gantry in my driveway. I almost can't hear the song without imagining the whirr of a Wagner paint stripper heat gun and the sound of a scraper on wood, as accompanyment.

Camel was an amazing band, although this album (The Snow Goose) may be their only purely-instrumental work.

Last edited:
Reactions: begreen and clancey
Zappa... Muffin Man
Zappa was genius, laid down some amazing material in his 30 year career, but he was truly taken too early. Unfortunately, since he recorded and published damn near everything (60 albums!!!), he also released a lot of turds that could've been left on the cutting room floor, at least in some opinions.

Going back and watching the countless interviews surrounding his fight against censorship is amusing, and a good education in how far we've come (or slid), depending on your perspective. :)

Blues meets prog? Always liked this tune off In Absentia. Great album, if you happen to be shopping.

If that one happens to be a bit much for early on a Wednesday, try this:

This is Eddie Van Halen's boy Wolfgang

Ozzy Osbourne's daughter.​

Motley Crue thru Blondie and into Buffalo Springfield inside of one page. I'm experiencing whiplash.

It's amazing the way a song can take you back to a specific time in your life. I learned the following album while stripping a bad fiberglass job out of my first old mahogany boat, with the boat suspended from a sling, in a hot plastic tent built over a gantry in my driveway. I almost can't hear the song without imagining the whirr of a Wagner paint stripper heat gun and the sound of a scraper on wood, as accompanyment.

Camel was an amazing band, although this album (The Snow Goose) may be their only purely-instrumental work.

I was a Camel fan back in the day. Thanks for the reminder. While you were stripping the boat, I was building systems for a high-end custom sailing yacht.

Reactions: Ashful