Stove ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hareball

Hearth Supporter
Dec 11, 2009
Jersey shore/pines
My daughter lives in an old farm house down in the state forest. In the original part of the house sits an old stove. Her Moms husband has toyed with the idea of running it from time to time but that scares me. My Daughter sent me a few pics.

Attachments

• as11.jpg
    as11.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 160
  • as22.jpg
    as22.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 159
  • as33.jpg
    as33.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 160
  • as44.jpg
    as44.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 160
hareball said:
My daughter lives in an old farm house down in the state forest. In the original part of the house sits an old stove. Her Moms husband has toyed with the idea of running it from time to time but that scares me. My Daughter sent me a few pics.

It looks like it has a name on the front bottom door. The same photo (top right) also appears to indicate that there is a fire going in it with some substantial gaps in the door.

I was afraid thats what that was :/
I was gonna have her read the name to me but she went to bed already.

so long as the chimney is safe, and the stove is structurally sound (not going to suddenly split in 1/2) then they can burn small fires in it.

It's the type of stove that I might burn if I were around the house all day, but wouldn't load it up to the gills then go to work.

The chimney it goes into would be my biggest concern.

That thing, assuming it has no major cracks in it, can simply be controlled by the amount of fuel it is loaded with. Certainly can't be any worse than the vogelzang boxwoods that so many people run!

The other thing I'd warn her about is the proximity to combustibles. Looks like she has a bunch of stuff in the area of that stove.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.