Taking back the Iron Horse Log Splitter for the 4th time......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfk4th

Minister of Fire
Feb 8, 2007
NY
Well it looks like in these areas, Syracuse and Buffalo, NY Grossmans only sells “defective” Iron Horse Log Splitters. I have bought 4 of them in total, (yes when Elk says he recommends something I 100% take his word so I kept buying another) taking back 3 of them so far. All 4 have leaked hydro fluid, 2 of them had an electrical problem (would not start again after tripping breaker), and 1 had a ripped wire. I am disappointed because I have already split about 1.5 face cords of woods and I like the power. I am just dissapointed in the quality of the ones that I have been “lucky” to buy. One good thing about Grossmans store , they have taken all them, here comes 1 more....,back with no problems.
So where do I go now, right to HD and buy the Ryobi.

Anybody know the return policy for Home Depot? Some kid in the store said if you have any problems we are suppossed to send the splitter for repair. What? If I have a problem with the unit, I want my money back little pimply boy......Damn I am going to be a grumpy old man in 40 years....

Sorry I split 2 cords testing it out and had none of your problems the one issue I had is when it jamed I had to unplug the crod for it to reset.

I think that was a fail safe system. Really I had no indication of the problems you experienced. Or I would have noted them

HD has a 90 day money back guarantee providing you present the sales receit

Yah I am dissaponted too, the power was great on the Iron Horse splitter though, ripped thru some fat pieces. No worries, I am taking them back today and going to HD to buy the Ryobi. As always ELK thanks for the input

I bought a tile saw from Grossmans and when I opened it up it was covered with tile dust and clearly used. Works fine though....

Just bought 2 Ryobi's at HD, 1 box is in perfect condition, the other is pretty banged up, I hope for my father's sake nothing is wrong with his. Can't wait to use it tomorrow....Go Sabres!!!!

Sorry to hear about it. Mine has worked fine. I have about 1 1/2 cords split and stacked, lots more in a pile so far with it. I did see a bunch of boxes with spilled fluid. I grabbed one of the ones without any spills.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.