Termination Vent Placement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Busy_Bosco

Apr 23, 2020
West Virginia
Hi all, having trouble installing my first pellet stove.

Problem is there is basically nowhere appropriate to place my termination vent outside.

I finally think I have a spot, but I realized the exhaust from the vent is fairly close to my AC units compressor and electrical line... ugh.

I have attached a picture of the area and marked a potential exhaust spot with a red dot (I know theres a window close, but it has been completely sealed with silicone and quarter round).

I also attached the page from the stoves manual about exhaust clearances. I think L answered my question, but I'm not entirely sure I'm reading it correctly.

Thanks for any feedback!
20200926_154414.jpg
20200926_153615.jpg

It is interesting that they only require 12" if below/beside a window. Is that a clearance chart for use with an OAK (outside air kit)? Although looking at my stove install manual, it does say 12" from a permanently closed window.

I believe you are correct and L is your answer about proximity to services

No gas meter or vent blowing out or sucking in there? Your probably won’t be running your AC while running stove anyway. I think you’ve got a good spot.