The Smell of Wood Processing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Do you often wear clothes that smell like 2 stroke to work?

• Yes. I Like to pretend I am still processing wood when browsing Hearth.com and avoiding work

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Sometimes. When I got side tracked with a few cuts in the morning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I keep my wood to myself.

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Dobish

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2015
Golden CO
I got home a little early yesterday and it was gorgeous out, so i decided to bust through the remaining piles of bucked up wood sitting next to the splitter. I ran it for about 35 minutes, and this morning when i put on my sweatshirt, it has the fantastic smell of gas, a few wood chips (they were apple, crabapple and cherry).

MMMMmmmmmmmmm.

Its the manliest cologne in existence. 2-stroke and sawdust.

Reactions: Woody5506
My wife hates the smell of two-stroke . . . or any exhaust smell . . . come to think of it . . . about every smell I come in contact with or generate on my own.

My wife hates the smell of two-stroke . . . or any exhaust smell . . . come to think of it . . . about every smell I come in contact with or generate on my own.

I like the smell of firewood processing but my wife makes me take off my firewood clothes when I come back in the house.

The worst garage smells come from gear oil or automatic transmission fluid, when I get a bunch of that on my clothes they pretty much go into the trash. I don't even want that smell in the house!

2stroke exhaust saturated clothing is all part of a manly essence. Freshly cut dank wood smell is just as good.

i just walked by and one of my co-workers said "what is that smell?" I said, if its the sweet smell of 2 stroke, its me. if its that stupid scented candle down the hall, thats HR.... :)

When one of your girls gets out of the truck and then leaves a container of chocolate milk laying around and you find it a week later........that is the worst smell in the garage.

Reactions: Lone_Gun
Actually.. i am around or run 2 stroke almost every day and really dont think about it to much. I think my wife likes it.. most days i dont even realize it... one thing i do know.. ahe likes it when i smell like smoke.. that turns her on..

Reactions: ThunderMedic
... one thing i do know.. ahe likes it when i smell like smoke.. that turns her on..

Well yeah! Look at Paul Bunyon, how do you think he hooked up with Babe, the blue ox. It wasn't from smelling like roses!