Time to shut down?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Od man winter is back in force here- white stuff for Sunday night through Tues. High temps mid 20's lows into single digit + wind chill factor. Hopin to avoid buying another pallet of deicer for the parking lots - so much for that idea.

Reactions: PA. Woodsman
Yeah we're rolling again, snow today, more Tuesday, cold cold cold, but of course I KNEW we were going to get hit mid-March since I coach U-12 soccer and usually get started mid-March :mad: <>

I usually burn until mid May in Seattle area. Wood stoves are my primary source of heat. I have an oil furnace but rarely use it, and it's out of oil anyway I believe. Looking to get rid of the furnace and probably add a ducted heat pump system this summer.

The weather prognosticators are saying our area could see 8+ inches some areas.
The kiddos brought in extra wood today, just in case...

Not too long ago it was looking like we'd have a warm spring in the east but now the forecasters are singing a different tune, at least for another week or two. The 30- and 90-day outlooks have us going back to above-normal temps though.

wg10t.gif

.....and winter is back lol

Around 20 tonite at southern Lake Mi tip.

That's only happened a few times this whole warm 2017 thus far.
This is normal with upper 30's high average. This "cold (normal) spell
is only supposed to last 2-3 days and back to the warmth and riding temps. Ye-hah.

One good thing about the cold , the snow coming in is supposed to be powder- instead of wet cement. 3-5" but lake effect could push that to 9". Oh well, I can make a couple bucks off of it if I don't break anything.

Sub zero temps last night ... single digits in the day ...,talk of a nor'easter this coming week. I love winter, but I'm ready for spring.

Just expanded my garage stash with some oak, hickory, and elm. We got hardly any snow this winter but now we're in the 5-10+ inch range for Tuesday's nor'easter. I hate it when Mother Nature teases us with nice weather and then wham! it's winter again. At least March snows around here tend to look nice and melt quickly.

8"-16" bring it on!

Moved another cord inside today. 1-2 feet of snow in the forecast.
DCT_SPECIAL26_1280x720.jpg