TN20 insert blower question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rearscreen

Minister of Fire
Dec 21, 2014
Vermont
Just a general question, is the blower on the TN20 loud, and, since I know nothing about inserts, can this stove operate without the blower without damaging the stove?
Plan is (if it even happens - and this is not for me, for someone else with these concerns) not to use the surround which I would assume would make a difference as far as the blower throwing heat.

Thanks in advance....

Can't say for sure, but on low speed, it shouldn't be too loud. The insert can be run without the blower running. Put up a block-off plate in the damper area so that the heat stays in the room.

Our Jotul is semi-quiet on low speed, noisy on high. Having compared heat output to the room during power failures vs with the blower on low, there is no huge difference -- maybe a little bit better circulation with the fan. As you can see from my icon, the surround is in place.

-dan