Todays work.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecocavalier02

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2008
ct
Just some work i did to today.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 268
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 281
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 271
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 279
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 284
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 268
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 272
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 269
one more bring it down to the pile. i found it nice that my truck bed lines right up with the new splitter so i just role them right on and it also acted as a table for the logs to go. made it easy. also tried out my sled for the first time. had lotta fun sledding it all out of the woods. gotta a lot more to go this week. good exersize

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 254
Now that's pretty slick: rolling those rounds right off the bed onto the splitter.

How do you catch the split half from falling toward your feet?

Slick for sure - I like the idea of 1 less step (movement), but I still prefer vertical splitting! It's so nice to sit down on the job!!!!

Nice day's work Bobby!

i just hold it up there but most of the time if i push the other half to the truck the other one just stays on .

Well I'll say it again, I like that - it's a slick operation. Might just convert me to splitting horizontal.

Enjoyed the pics - looks like nice wood too!

Thanks. I love every second of it.

Ecocavalier, if you wouldn't rot out the center of those trees you'd have a lot more wood. :lol:

Good day's work. Congratulations.

basswidow said:
Well I'll say it again, I like that - it's a slick operation. Might just convert me to splitting horizontal.

They have tables that attach to the splitter to catch the other half of the log from dropping on the ground. The first half is in your hand, of course. If you have a nice stack of rounds, splitting horizontal ensure very little bending over - which is great on my back. the only bending over is when you get to the bottom row or two of rounds. Those are usually the biggies so eventually I will go vertical for the big ones.

Interesting operation, I suspect Mrs Woodchip will want me to make a sledge next......... :)

CTwoodburner said:
basswidow said:

They have tables that attach to the splitter to catch the other half of the log from dropping on the ground. The first half is in your hand, of course. If you have a nice stack of rounds, splitting horizontal ensure very little bending over - which is great on my back. the only bending over is when you get to the bottom row or two of rounds. Those are usually the biggies so eventually I will go vertical for the big ones.
ive seen the tables just havent boughten one yet. but with the truck i dont need one when doing it like that. do love what it saves on the back

Backwoods Savage said:
Ecocavalier, if you wouldn't rot out the center of those trees you'd have a lot more wood. :lol:

Good day's work. Congratulations.
lol. i know i did my face notch and got behind the tree quick didnt want it to fall on me lol. luckily it was only a few feet of of it bein rotted.

Every time I see someone post pictures like this, I start browsing the real estate websites for open, undeveloped land in my area. Problem is, if I wandered into 10 acres, I might never come out! Good haul, btw.

Bobby nice work, what type of trees did you fell and do you ice fish?

zap

the one i took down today was some sort of maple. and was cleaning up a nice big oak that fell.

no i do not ice fish. i do a lot of hiking and snow shoeing. thats why i have the snowshoes. made it easy for traction till i got the trail packed down.

Status
Not open for further replies.