Wanted: Garn style builders

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
yeah here too. in this case, I had to look up the climate where he was to double check. Canada's a big place, and from vancouver to yellowknife to newfoundland, it can vary a bunch.

Hello everyone,

I own a welding/fab shop that I'm looking to move from a commercial space that I rent to a ~8000sqft shop that I built next to my home.

I was initially going to purchase a wood gun or a garn, however, I would like to build one with a lot more storage so it didn't require as often firings.

I'm in the process of designing a ~5000 gallon garn style gasser to heat the shop and my home as well. However, I cannot find a lot of the photos and information that I had found before? Anyway, Just wondering if anyone has contact information for the following members since they haven't been online in quite a while.

allan
Wade
brad068

I would like to collaborate with them to try and get the design and build right the first time, I have PM'D them but as I said, they haven't been online in quite a while. Anyone else who has built a garn style boiler is also welcome to Pm me.

Please Pm me if you have any of their contact infomation

Thanks in advance!
Have two 2000 and 5000 13 heat exchangers and piping 608-377-3502

There was a poster who went by garnification probably 15 years ago, he created quite a stir by fabricating a garn style boiler with what I believe was a 3000 gal milk tank. You can possibly google it, there were several pics of his build, the thread might still be here.
Tom, did you get up and running yet?

I googled but didn’t find anything on that.

I gave up on the boiler for now. Bought a wood stove

Last edited:
Call
Hello everyone,

I own a welding/fab shop that I'm looking to move from a commercial space that I rent to a ~8000sqft shop that I built next to my home.

I was initially going to purchase a wood gun or a garn, however, I would like to build one with a lot more storage so it didn't require as often firings.

I'm in the process of designing a ~5000 gallon garn style gasser to heat the shop and my home as well. However, I cannot find a lot of the photos and information that I had found before? Anyway, Just wondering if anyone has contact information for the following members since they haven't been online in quite a while.

allan
Wade
brad068

I would like to collaborate with them to try and get the design and build right the first time, I have PM'D them but as I said, they haven't been online in quite a while. Anyone else who has built a garn style boiler is also welcome to Pm me.

Please Pm me if you have any of their contact infomation

Thanks in advance!
Me 6083773502