Warped firebox on Progress Hybrid?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Googs185

Nov 15, 2016
South Central CT
I picked up a used Progress Hybrid and this is my first year burning in it. It really wasn't used, it sat in a guy's living room for 3 years and he never burned in it or even completely assembled it! I called Woodstock and made the recommended upgrades including a metal brace to the rear of the firebox, which they sent me along with some of their stove cement. I installed it as directed. The stove has never been over 500 degrees, ever. I've babied it. Now I'm looking in the back of the firebox tonight and I'm worried the top metal part is warped. I'm attaching a photo. What do you think? How would that even be possible? Is the stove ruined? The gasket there isn't making full contact anymore and it looks bowed. Pardon the smoke, which kind of obscures the picture, I had already lit a fire before I noticed it.

Attachments

• IMG_0882 (1).jpg
    IMG_0882 (1).jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 338
Certainly is bowed. Did you call woodstock and share that pic with them to get their response? Curious what their solution is.