What circulators to use?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrod770

Oct 22, 2013
granville, ohio
I'm getting ready to start installation on an outdoor gasser. It will sit about 50' from house and be supplied by 2 1" al pex lines, insulated of course. I attached a diagram to show what the set up will be in the basement. Al pex will enter into the house to a manifold, from there it will feed a flat plate for domestic hot water and a water to air heat exchanger above the propane forced air furnace. There are currently 2 water heaters in basement, 1 80 gallon electric and 1 propane power vent. The propane power vent is currently shut off and currently using the electric. They are both set up right now how you see them, with circ lines returning back into the bottom of each tank. I will have 3 circs on my set up, 1 from manifold to water to air hx, 1 from manifold to flat plate, and 1 that circulates hot water through out the house. I have some long runs and the wifey hates waiting for hot water to get there. My question is, How does my schematic look and what pumps would you put in for all 3 locations?
Thanks for your input.

Attachments

• Scan0009.pdf
    137.1 KB · Views: 156
Yes, I was thinking about one of the B & G ecocirc's for the potable side of the flat plate. I currently have a small Laing on that circulating loop and it struggles to do the job. The one I have is old and has no adjustable flow rate.

Yes, I was thinking about one of the B & G ecocirc's for the potable side of the flat plate. I currently have a small Laing on that circulating loop and it struggles to do the job. The one I have is old and has no adjustable flow rate.
I've got one of the little ones for my dhw side. 'E3cocirc'?. Works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.