What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It was foggy and in the 30s this morning but after the sun broke through it got up to high 50s today. It's going down to low 30s tonight and I got some more post and red oak ready to go in the stove. The house stayed warm all day from the wife cookin so I didnt have to have a warm up fire this mornin.

We had a cherry fire this morning but when I came in around 2 today the house was at 75 from all the cooking so tonight we'll go without a fire, we're still at 72 in the house tonight and 43 outside with some rain.

60 F today. Sunroom is 84 now. So my stove is cold, dark, and lonely place... Even the minisplit is off with the sliding door to the sunroom open...

It was in the low 40's this morning so we had another fire with some Cherry, I just put three Cherry splits on some coals from the mornings fire which will get us to the overnight fire.

Its 27 with 10-15 mph wind and a feels like temp of 17. I loaded up with more post and red oak. Looks like we are getting our first real taste of winter this week after a abnormally warm stretch with lows in the twenties for a couple days and a slight chance of snow though I doubt that happens.

Loaded up with Osage tonight

DD3D70D5-0675-4560-AB80-4D698BDD7DD4.jpeg