What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Bunch of Ash. Down to 20 overnight. Been burning 3 loads a day for last week to keep this big ol house warm.

Attachments

• 16069700530593497588819904125495.jpg
    16069700530593497588819904125495.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 116
Where are you at in SW mo if you dont mind me askin.

Near Alba, north of Joplin/Webb City. Howboutchoo? Currently reloading with 3 white oak splits and 1 forearm sized hickory limb. The hickory makes our neck of the woods smell like a rib joint, when the CAT kicks in. Should last till late this PM .

Reactions: MMH and Grizzerbear
Near Alba, north of Joplin/Webb City. Howboutchoo? Currently reloading with 3 white oak splits and 1 forearm sized hickory limb. The hickory makes our neck of the woods smell like a rib joint, when the CAT kicks in. Should last till late this PM .

Bennett springs.....west of lebanon. Always curious when I see another member of hearth from southern missouri. Never been there I don't believe but I have worked construction in Carthage before. It was at one of the grade schools though I can't remember what it was called. And yeah I agree on the hickory lol....it always reminds me of barbeque.

More pine today currently high 30s out; got a nice shot of the cat from last nights burn. We’ll see wat tonight brings.
View attachment 268287
I can never get my BK cat to glow that bright. It mostly glows dark orange and sometimes it does not at all. The VC cat on the other hand sometimes glows like the sun at noon.

I can never get my BK cat to glow that bright. It mostly glows dark orange and sometimes it does not at all. The VC cat on the other hand sometimes glows like the sun at noon.

Yeah honestly I’ve never had it glow that bright either! Usually same an orange or nothing. I just happened to wake up other night came out for water and noticed a bright glow from Dorothy, kind of worried me at first then I realized what it was haha. I did vacuum the fly ash that day maybe that’s what it was.

Reactions: Diabel
Bennett springs.....west of lebanon. Always curious when I see another member of hearth from southern missouri. Never been there I don't believe but I have worked construction in Carthage before. It was at one of the grade schools though I can't remember what it was called. And yeah I agree on the hickory lol....it always reminds me of barbeque.

I've got family in Camdenton. Spent many deer seasons in the woods just south of Camdenton. My favorite uncle on my mom's side lives there. He has a Lopi Freedom stove. We compare notes all the time about cutting, splitting, and burning. It's probably his wood stove that made me realize how nice it is to fuel the heat in your home from the sweat of your brow, from work on your own land.

Reactions: MMH and Grizzerbear
I've got family in Camdenton. Spent many deer seasons in the woods just south of Camdenton. My favorite uncle on my mom's side lives there. He has a Lopi Freedom stove. We compare notes all the time about cutting, splitting, and burning. It's probably his wood stove that made me realize how nice it is to fuel the heat in your home from the sweat of your brow, from work on your own land.

My father graduated out of Camdenton and my grandparents lived just south of Camdenton on the lake on wagon wheel rd off of 54. Lots of good memories there fishing and swimming.

Reactions: Mark N MO
It's 26.2 at the moment with a possible low of 18 tonight, I switched over to the pellet stove for the constant heat overnight since we heat from the basement. The fan is off on the wood stove for the night and it's burning down some coals.

I have been putting some maple and cedar splits in the morning. This past week has been some long days at work so my wife has been feeding the stoves. The garage was full of maple, ash and walnut but by last night there wasn't much left. The house has been warm and it only required about an hour to fill the garage back up. Nothing better than a warm house to come home to after a long cold day. A few days we were soaked by the end of the day which made it even worse.