What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I didn't check but the wife said it was 30 this morning, more pine in the pine stove!

Reactions: MMH and Grizzerbear
Me and a buddy were building a deck today in t shirts around 10 am and it was in the high 60s. If we saw one goose flying south we saw thousands. They just kept coming and coming. Around noon the wind turned from the southwest to out of the north and it was an immediate 20 degree drop with 20 mph winds the rest of the day.

Its 43 with rain showers now and a low of 32 for the night. I have three big splits of hickory and a post oak round for overnight.

32F now and dropping into the low 20's or even teens. Just reloaded a fairly full load of mixed H.woods. Still looking like reasonable temps overall for some time yet. Now if we could convince the guy running the wind machine to back off it would be nice! Stay warm all.

We haven't had a fire yet today with the temp hitting 55.4 this morning, we've dropped almost two degrees since the 55.4 with the colder weather coming in later, pine time.

We we hit 43, I started another fire with pine. It has been a wet damp day so keeping heat in the basement will keep everything up here nice and warm, we're at 40.8 at the moment.

Low supposed to be about 26f tonight. High today was 50 I let the stove go cold during the day. got down to about 70 inside. Just re-fired, red oak, same as it ever was. 50 for a high tomorrow again low in the low 30's . I will be in the woods tomorrow night chasing them silly deer.

low of 23ºF tonight for the eve of the Beaver Moon...
heard the furnace kick-in so i crawled over there to fire up "Jøtie"

having surgery in a month, looking forward to all day-every day wood heat during my recovery days
tonight, all oak.

JøtulF500V3nov182021.jpg

stay warm folks 🔥

low of 23ºF tonight for the eve of the Beaver Moon...
heard the furnace kick-in so i crawled over there to fire up "Jøtie"

having surgery in a month, looking forward to all day-every day wood heat during my recovery days
tonight, all oak.

View attachment 285744

stay warm folks 🔥
Wishing good things for you and your surgery. Relaxing and healing in front of a fire sounds just about as good as it can get. :)

We have 36 tonight with a low of 30 forecast from NOAA, the bottom row has three splits of maple and the second row pine with a very small round of ironwood on the very top.

I'm thinking on Monday we'll have burned all the shoulder season wood for this heating season and we'll move on to hardwood until we stop burning in the spring.

Loaded the VC with basswood yesterday afternoon, went out for dinner. Around 9:00pm the stove was still at 500 (stovetop) with lots of red coals. House was warm, decided to let it go out. This morning the furnace was on duty. Will empty the ashes and maybe clean the glass.

Funny, I was running out of kindling last week from all the morning restarts. Stove has been going 24/7 since last Sunday. Just from picking splits from the wood piles I have gathered a bunch of it.

Will be burning more hemlock/basswood during the day and sugar maple and beech overnight until New Year.

20F this AM. The wind finally stopped. Scoop a few ash's and toss in another mixed load. My wife hailed me from the back door this morning. Laughing. We had a nice 2 or 3 year old Doe Whitetail drinking out of our cats water dish. While the cats sat around her! Not unusual to see the deer in my grove at all. Very unusual to see one sharing breakfast with the cats 10ft from my back door!