What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We had a fire after supper yesterday but nothing overnight. We had 49.1 this morning with some heavy rains we needed so after the wife trimmed up what's left on the old skull, I started a pine fire.

We really didn't get any high winds so that was nice.

Snow showers today and windy. Half loads of elm and oak in the Myriad, as to not cook me out of the house...

I'm currently burning red maple that's been sitting on my overflow pallet for slightly over a year and pieces were starting to get moldy so into the fire they go (and now I have room for the rest of my freshly cut locust!). If overnight temps threaten to fall below 20 I will toss some hickory in. Like Gearhead, we're supposed to see our first real snowfall this weekend. Firing up the snow blower tomorrow before the snow hits just to make sure nothing's wrong with it!

I'm currently burning red maple that's been sitting on my overflow pallet for slightly over a year and pieces were starting to get moldy so into the fire they go (and now I have room for the rest of my freshly cut locust!). If overnight temps threaten to fall below 20 I will toss some hickory in. Like Gearhead, we're supposed to see our first real snowfall this weekend. Firing up the snow blower tomorrow before the snow hits just to make sure nothing's wrong with it!
What do you have for a snowblower?

What do you have for a snowblower?
It's just a simple single stage Yardmax brand from Farm and Fleet. I use it to clear the sidewalks around the house since we live on a corner lot and have sidewalks on two sides.

Reactions: thewoodlands
It's 38 now with 28 for a low tonight. Another blustery day today and we had some spitting snow also. I got some good ole hickory going in the buck now. I'm soaking up the heat cause tomorrow mornin I will be perched on a ridge deer hunting. Lol this will be me!

What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

low 50's here today. 39 right now. Aside from 1 small fire last week, I have yet to commence to firin' this fall. They are yapping about a change starting tomorrow night so will probably strike a match for that.

It's 38 now with 28 for a low tonight. Another blustery day today and we had some spitting snow also. I got some good ole hickory going in the buck now. I'm soaking up the heat cause tomorrow mornin I will be perched on a ridge deer hunting. Lol this will be me!

View attachment 285266
Good luck tomorrow morning.

NOAA is calling for a low of 34, we're at 35.1 with a load of pine going in the wood stove.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
Boxelder mostly and a bit of cherry, I brought more wood in tonight, rat fucked the wood shed and dug out the not so good stuff since it’s still early. I imagine I’m hardly the only one who does this. Next few fires look like mostly more boxelder along with quaking aspen, maybe the odd split of pine.

Running some big maple in dark box mode, suppose to have a cold front come through today and knock temps back to freezing tonight, hopefully the wind picks up and takes the rest of the leaves off the tree's so I can button up the yard tomorrow.

We had 34.1 this morning with another load of pine giving what it can for heat, I just loaded up again since I didn't burn enough yesterday.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
Idling along on a diet of mixed hardwood. Been fired up since this morning and all of the dampness has disappeared. Very comfortable sitting here watching Ohio State beat up on Purdue after Michigan beat down my Nittany Lions.

I missed the overnight load since someone fell asleep the recliner so this morning the bottom row was all hardwood and the top all pine. When I came in around 2 this afternoon, I started a pine fire on some nice coals.

We had a temp of 30.4 this morning.