What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
28 now. Oak from last night done. Reloaded with some small pine splits and branches. Did a full load because I think I'll be able to burn it down low enough for the night reload because it's small stuff.

Our temp finally bottomed out at - 11.7 this morning, I took the ashes out this morning and we're back burning the wood stove.

I also did a full cleanout on the inside of the pellet stove, after we burn another nine bags, I'll clean the pipe.

Added a few pieces of black locust and white oak on this afternoons coals to coast the stove to the overnight load point. Warmed up some today in the mid 30's. Currently we are sitting in the mid 20's.

Currently 26 out, NOAA calling for low teens tonight but I have a sneaking suspicion we’ll end up with single digits tonight; so Dorothy will have a nice diet of juniper red elm and mahogany.
FB6F617C-B27B-42B6-A524-0412E681A150.jpeg

21 now, and slowly increasing. Tomorrow 38 and rainy. Loaded with pine. Big splits, but it didn't work out well; some bends, and three splits were just more than the width of the firebox (N/S loaded), so I ended up with some gaps because they started burning and it was not possible to rearrange. Earlier reload tomorrow...

Last edited:
More white oak and black locust mix last night and this morning. Went to bed and woke up to mid 20's. Currently, we have warmed up to 34F. Rain system moving through today to melt our snow from a few days ago.

We made it up to 32 right now. NW wind is starting. now and temp is supposed to drop to 0 by this evening with a
-11 wind chill under strong NW winds. High of 7 tomorrow before it drops to -26 tomorrow night. Going to keep Betty loaded with a diet of Beech and Red Oak. If it gets too miserable tomorrow I might have to fire up Lil' Fella too.
Woo Hoo ......."let er' blow" !!!!!!!!!

Gray overcast day now (some sun this morning). 42 now. I let coals of last evenings pine burn down a lot and took out the ashes while still having some glowing coals for draft to keep the home clean. My bucket is now full - first time this season.

Added a few oak shorties and a pine knotty split to tide me over to tonight. Running low because I'm using the minisplit anyway.

Pine for overnight.

2 big chunks of ash surrounded by box elder. Starting to run a bit low on wood here in the northwoods. Will need to bring more with next time home. Currently -7 with -22 wind chill. Going down to -13 tonight and "might" get "up" to zero tomorrow.

Wife tested positive and has lost her sense of taste & smell, older son tested positive last week, younger son tested negative (we figure it's a false negative and going to have him re-tested), I have some symptoms but can't get a test scheduled here in the northwoods so I'll have to wait until I get home. Assuming I'm positive. May head home earlier than planned due to the results of some of my symptoms...

Reactions: thewoodlands
2 big chunks of ash surrounded by box elder. Starting to run a bit low on wood here in the northwoods. Will need to bring more with next time home. Currently -7 with -22 wind chill. Going down to -13 tonight and "might" get "up" to zero tomorrow.

Wife tested positive and has lost her sense of taste & smell, older son tested positive last week, younger son tested negative (we figure it's a false negative and going to have him re-tested), I have some symptoms but can't get a test scheduled here in the northwoods so I'll have to wait until I get home. Assuming I'm positive. May head home earlier than planned due to the results of some of my symptoms...
Good luck to you and yours