What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It's 37.9 tonight with a load of ash going in the wood stove. The basement is 74 heading up, the living room is 69 and the bedroom is 68.

I'm not sure of the temp this morning but the wife wanted a fire so we did, it's still 71 up here and it's raining pretty hard.

I'm not sure of the temp this morning but the wife wanted a fire so we did, it's still 71 up here and it's raining pretty hard.
Power outage here, had to switch to the propane stove for some heat What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

We have a temp of 47.3 tonight with another load of ash going in the wood stove. The basement is 72 at the moment, the living room is 70 and the bedroom is 69.

29 going down to 24 in the northwoods. Load of ash, beech & birch going in the Strattford II. 75 on the far side of the Great Room where the fireplace is, 69 down the hall where the bedrooms are. Mornings have been a small load of mixed hardwood and softwood then the solar gain is enough until the sun goes down. Rain, freezing rain, sleet and snow coming M-W; so may burn more.

Reactions: thewoodlands
It's 32.4 tonight with another load of ash going in the wood stove, it's 72 in the basement and 68 up here.

Fired up stove this morning with a few locust splits and oak kindling. 43F outside and 61F in living room. About half load total, fire good till early afternoon. This week high 50s, low 30s, and I’ll be home - so a fire each morning as primary heating for house.

We had 28 this morning with another load of ash going in the Lopi Liberty. The basement was 70 and up here was 67.

It's 30.7 tonight with the temp up here at 70 and the basement at 74. The overnight load is another load of ash.

We had 23.2 this morning, up here was 68 and the basement was 70, another load of ash went in the Lopi while we had coffee.

Started the stove at 53 F this afternoon. 48 F now, 36 F for a low. So a start with a few punky pieces of cherry and an 80 pct load of oak for overnight and however long it lasts tomorrow. Not according to my rules (24 hrs below 40 F needed for the stove) but I missed it...

Yay, Sunday and Monday night it'll be 29 F. So more fire in the near future.

What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

It's 26.2 tonight with a load of ash and a nice size split of ironwood going in the wood stove. The basement is 75, the living room is 69 and the bedroom 68.

Reactions: Gearhead660
This morning was 28F outside / 60F in living room. Burning down a half-load of biobrick and locust. Temperature gonna be cruising high-30s and low-40s for next day and half, I'm going to burn continuously until tomorrow night.

Its 41 out now with coals from a load of post oak and red oak from this morning burning down. Looks like we will be down in the 30s for lows and highs of 40s for the next few days. Had to take off work today because my oldest daughter has the flue. She seems to be doing pretty well today though.

Slowly running down the load from last night. Still heating the upper floor to 69 F. Will let it go cold when this is done. Sunday afternoon, I'll relight, with the last reload Monday night (so heat until sometime Tuesday). A 27 F night they predict now --> Real fire :)

We had 23.1 this morning with the basement at 72 and everything up here was 67 before our first fire which was a load of ash.

We're at 37.6 tonight with another load of ash going in the wood stove, the basement is 74 and the rest of the house is 69.

Ash, beech & birch. Winter storm warning on - ice, then snow.
Must be up north. Nothing but rain down here...

Typical spring temps here. 35 ish at night, around 50 daytime highs. Burning elm in the insert. Furnace shut down for the season.