What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
And you grill them with the door closed?
Yes, otherwise it gets a bit too rowdy in there! ...at least with burgers/steak, the grease will lead to flare-ups, so I keep the doors closed and control the air. With chicken/salmon/pork, etc flare-ups aren't really a problem, but in that case, it pulls a lot of my warm house air up the flue, too. Always have to keep that efficiency in mind!

Currently in the 30s and gloomy. Threw a couple pine splits in to warm back up and enjoy the coffee.

We had 8.1 this morning but the pellet stove did its job, the basement was 77, the living room was 70 and the sleeper was 68.

Our fire this morning was ash with a two splits of ironwood.

Reactions: Grizzerbear and MMH
Back to oak with these last 2 cold days, Stove loving it as it was not that pleased with the super punky and funky junk it choked on last week.

It's 21.2 with the Liberty getting another load of ash with a nice size round of ironwood. The basement is 75 and the living room is 69.

Ashes again. It's in the mid forties right now and we are expecting the mid 60s to 70s for highs with the lows only going to the mid forties this week. Looks like friday night will be the next time I fire off the stove. Been burning a lot of red oak and hickory though. It's been rather repetitive burning this winter lol.

It was 26.1 this morning, the basement was 72, the living room and the bedroom were 67 with another load of ash going in the Liberty.

Reactions: MMH
Just shut off the computer and will let pilot mode burn down these coals which will take me to early evening. If the forecast holds this may be the last fire for me till fall 🤷🏼‍

6B41B33A-F7B3-48D0-9B60-9E0A420D1769.jpeg

It's 33.4 tonight with another load of ash going in the wood stove, the basement is 74, the living room and bedroom are 68.

We had 31.1 on the wireless this morning, the house started off at 67 with more ash going in the wood stove.

Currently in high 30-low 40 range but cloudy with rain and light frozen mix. Let stove die out from last nights fire, should have known. Starting back up with juniper, pinyon pine mahogany and red elm. That should last us until tonight’s fire.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Well, even in Chicago it's 50s... If I'd be living here, I'd also only have cold ashes in my stove...

We were around 33 this morning with the temp in the house at 67, another load of ash went in the Liberty.

Reactions: NickW
I think my burn season has come to an end. With lows consistently in the 40-50s and highs 60-70s, I'll just let the heatpump carry the load. Now focusing on scrounging for 2024 firewood which I'm almost done.

Northwoods highs 40-55 and lows 20-30, SE WI highs 35-65 and similar lows (both for the foreseeable future...). SE WI has a weather system coming through at the end of the week which is why there's such a big swing. Still full hardwood loads at both overnight (ash, beech maybe a little birch & cherry). Daytime depends on the sun and temp - usually a softwood fire in the morning, try to milk the coals until a softwood reload late in the afternoon. Softwoods are aspen & box elder right now.

We have 33.1 tonight with another load of ash providing the heat. It's 76 in the basement and 68 in the rest of the house.

We had just over 35 this morning, we had a small fire in the wood stove with some ash while having coffee.

We had 34.1 this morning, we had a nice fire in the wood stove that the wife liked because someone thought it would be okay not having a fire overnight.

Raining and 40f, all red oak.