What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Full reload of locust - I didn’t manage it well and let it smoldered for 2 hrs while I was watching movie. Finally caught secondary now, need it to burn hot rest of night.

Reactions: thewoodlands
We had 37.6 this morning with the basement at 72, the living room was 69 and the bedroom was 68 before our first fire with another load of ash.

We had heavy rain overnight with some thunder and more heavy rains today, it looks like a day off from any firewood work outside.

Must be up north. Nothing but rain down here...
Yep. Lost power 4 times yesterday. Last time was 10:00 last night and power just came back on at 10:00 or so this morning. Snowblower belt is worn out, won't turn the auger with the wet heavy snow, and the new one I brought is the wrong size. Heading home today, hopefully I can make it out.

42F outside this morning at 8, 66F inside. Last night's load of locust still were semi-intact, knocked it down for a thick bed of coal. Reloaded 80% full of locust.

Hovering around 45~50F range next 24hours, warming up to 60F by noon tomorrow. Probably do a partial reload late afternoon and let fire go out overnight for a quick clean out tomorrow afternoon.

Dropped to where it is cool enough to have a fire. Back to burning pine & assorted uglies. The wifey is happy.
I also think I want to be a cat ..

IMG_20220324_215526365.jpg

We have an outside temp of 38.8 tonight with another load of ash providing the heat tonight. The basement is 72 getting warmer, the living room is 69 and just a guess but I'm thinking the bedroom is 68.

Wife wanted ambiance from stove so I’ve burnt lots of small splits and a few bricks of biobricks. Living room 70F now and outside temp steady 45ish next 12 hrs, so gonna let fire burn out as planned

That looks great!

We had 38.1 this morning with the basement temp at 70, the living room and the bedroom were 68. Another load of ash went in the Liberty this morning.

Reactions: Bobbob and zmender
It's 34.5 tonight with another load of ash going in the wood stove. The basement is 74, the living room is 69 and the bedroom is 68.

Reactions: Bobbob and zmender
36 out right now. Only warming up 3 degrees today. Loaded up this morning with more silver maple. Basment at 73 and main floor 68. Sitting by the stove enjoying my morning coffee. I do believe it's Spring but no sign of it this weekend😁

Reactions: Gearhead660
I have 2 of my grandsons for the weekend and they love helping papaw with the stove so I let them "help" me load the stove..lol...so we loaded up with oak and locust last night and they fell asleep by the stove in sleeping bags watching cartoons..they are living large at papaws...lol..we had a over night low of 31 and its looking like several nights of low 20s in the forecast ...garden prep on hold again..the Princess will stay on the oak and locust diet.

We had 33.2 this morning with another load of ash getting reduced, the basement and the bedroom were 68 and the living room 67 this morning.

It's 36 out tonight with another load of ash going in the wood stove. The basement temp is 76 (stove location) the living room is 71 and the bedroom is 70.

Reactions: zmender
It's 36 out tonight with another load of ash going in the wood stove. The basement temp is 76 (stove location) the living room is 71 and the bedroom is 70.

Where do you measure the basement temperature, i.e. how high above the floor/below the ceiling?

We had 25.2 for a low this morning, the basement was 70, the living room and the bedroom were 69 this morning.

We loaded up the liberty with more ash and a few rounds of ironwood this morning, we have some single digit temps coming in tonight according to NOAA.

We received a little over two inches of snow overnight, hopefully this is the last of the snow.

It's over on the coffee table in front of the couch.

Ok. I'll start measuring at a similar height as well so I can compare; now I measure at the ceiling near the stairs where the warm air goes up. I asked because my basement temps are often warmer than yours, but that makes sense this way.

Ok. I'll start measuring at a similar height as well so I can compare; now I measure at the ceiling near the stairs where the warm air goes up. I asked because my basement temps are often warmer than yours, but that makes sense this way.
Our high temp in the basement burning just ash is 77 to 79 during the night.

I always give the temp we start out with.

Reactions: stoveliker