What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It's 34 out tonight with the basement starting out at 74, the sleeper at 68 and the other rooms 69-70.

The Liberty is loaded up with eight splits of beech.

Reactions: Gearhead660
Stove off high 40’s here. Tonight lower to mid 30’s so a mix of small splits of ash, cherry and maple and. Might add a red stone brick to the mix. Filled a few totes of dry sticks and pine cones from my property so that will be my starter for my top down cold start tonight.

We had 27.3 this morning with the basement temp starting out at 72 and the other rooms 68 & 69.

The wood stove saw another load of beech this morning.

Hit a balmy 33 degrees today. Let it burn down to just a few coals after the morning load and cleaned out the ash and cleaned the glass. Just loaded up with a mid size load of aspen and pine to get some coals for the overnight load.

IMG_20230206_161817.jpg

It's 9.7 out tonight, the basement is starting out at 72 and the temps up here are 67 & 68.

Tonight we have the pellet stove going.

Woke up to low 30s outside. Another load of elm.

Reactions: thewoodlands
We had 6.2 this morning with a high of 43 today, the temps up here were 67 & 68 with the basement starting out at 75.

Another load of beech went in the wood stove this morning.

Tonight we have 35.8 for an outside temp, the basement is starting out at 72 with the temps up here 68 & 69.

Six splits of beech are going for our overnight load.

This morning the outside temp was 32.5, the basement temp started out at 72 with the temps up here at 68.

The wood stove saw a load of ash this morning, we'll save the beech for colder weather.

The outside temp tonight is 31.6, the basement temp started out at 72 tonight with the temps up here at 69.

The wood stove has ash and beech in it for the overnight burn.

Wasn't paying attention to the forecast yesterday...woke up to 28F and loaded up a full load of ash with split or two of locust and left for work. Warmed up to 57F and full sun by early afternoon....got a little toasty in the house. The pup didn't look pleased with me when I got home.

Back to closer to normal temps today and rainy. Loaded up again with ash at 6am this morning...should carry me until about 9pm tonight.

We had 24.3 this morning, the basement temp started out at 70 with the temp up here at 68.

I loaded up the wood stove with ash this morning.

We have 37.9 tonight, the basement temp started out at 70 with the temp up here at 69. The stove has a load of ash in it.

Reactions: NickW
Got back home yesterday from the Northwoods. Steady diet of ash & sugar maple with the occasional piece of birch for the overnights in the NC30. Daytime is a mix of hardwoods and crap wood in smaller loads. Got a sloppy snowfall today. It won't snowblow, so I shoveled the problem area's. It'll freeze solid when the cold front comes through tonight, then Saturday will be around 40.

We had 37 degrees this morning, the basement temp started out at 72 with the temps up here 68 to 69.

Another load of ash is providing the heat.

We'll give the wood stove a break tonight and we'll go with the pellet stove. The outside temp tonight is 30.6, the basement temp is starting out at 70 and up here is 69 & 70.

We have 21.4 out this morning, the basement temp is starting out at 75 with the temps up here 69 & 70.

We have a load of ash going in the wood stove this morning.

That birds eye maple queen anne highboy burned nicely. Kiddin aside, but we do have an 18th cent highboy, last two months a neighbors dead tree (ash probably) been keeping us warm. Mild winter with above ave temps (mid 40s) in central VA, except for chilly weather around Christmas.

Been so warm here so have not had a fire. 30’s now to fired up the Vista with one large cherry split, one medium oak and one red stone brick. STT 600 don’t need much fuel to get it cooking.

We have 26.1 out tonight, the basement is starting out at 70 and the temps up her 67 - 69. It will be another night with the pellet stove heating the house.

We had 27.7 this morning, the basement temp was 77 and the temps up here 70 & 71.

I'll start a fire in the wood stove later.