What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Today's fill is a fine selection of 4 year aged quarter split, white oak, with some white oak limb wood thrown in for balance. Not a full load, but enough to ward the chill off a low 40s SW MO day, and still keep the HE propane furnace from cycling. Tonight will see a robust load of white oak, red oak, and hickory, that not only will keep the cold at bay, but have our little corner of the world smelling like the best rack of ribs you've ever tasted. ==c

Reactions: bfast250
We have more cherry going in the liberty but tonight for the overnight burn we'll add a few splits of maple with the cherry. The temp tomorrow will only get to 18 with a low of 0.

We're still burning cherry but with a minus 1 tonight, we'll get some sugar maple in the liberty and set the pellet stove at 77.

We're at 0 heading to minus 4 tonight according to NOAA, the liberty has some nice sugar maple in it and the pellet stove has one bag in it. All stoves are in the basement.

1f here this morning, apple in both stoves.

We had - 9.5 this morning but the basement was 81 and the main floor was 68. We shut the pellet stove off and we added some cherry on some nice sugar maple coals in the lopi liberty.

I just loaded up the liberty with cherry (three more cherry splits left) our temp at the moment is 9 degrees. A neighbor down the road had a temp of -15 last night, the house is across the road from the river without any protection from wind out of the north.

cold enough here that when i open the door to let the dogs out they look at me like i'm stupid, got the madison loaded with oak and beach for the overnight load

Reactions: thewoodlands
Stove working through some hard maple. It is suppose to warm up tomorrow. Found some pine and more (dreaded) hemlock, that will be on the menu for tomorrow.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Stove working through some hard maple. It is suppose to warm up tomorrow. Found some pine and more (dreaded) hemlock, that will be on the menu for tomorrow.
What did you have for a low temp last night?

Maybe the boys from Clarkson never found their "hockey legs " after the long bus ride.
From reading the article on the web, they had their legs but the SLU goalie stood tall last night, I think the knights had 50 shots on net campared to 30 by SLU.

I just loaded the liberty up on a bunch of coals with the last three splits of cherry with some sugar maple and yellow birch for the overnight fire.

Reactions: woodey
-4*F in the city
-10*F in the country
Last year seemed like it was colder earlier and lasting through the whole winter, we can't possibly be that cold this winter.

Great rivalry, love the yellow birch unless you are hand splitting it.
I noticed that splitting the yellow birch even with the splitter. Earlier tonight we hit 9 degrees but the last I looked it was close to 14.

Pine, pine, and more pine. I'm loving the Loblolly Pine I've been burning this year. It burns a bit fast, but with the primary air control shut all the way down in getting 4 hour burns out of it. Not too shabby for free wood that cuts, splits, and stacks easy and dries FAST. I've burned about 3/4 cord so far since the end of October. I'm impressed with how nicely it performs in the Colonial. House hasn't gone below 70 in weeks.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The wood burns nice on these cold nights, down to 17 with a load of cherry and ash, shes cruising at 600. Found a few loads of oak buried, will burn it tomorrow.

About a foot of snow today.
Bradford Pear is doing the trick today. Not my favorite wood but it’s warm inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk