What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We had 31 this morning with a load of the maples seeing action in the Liberty.
You'll be near zero end of the week, winter storm coming Tuesday in the northeast so we can stretch our stoves out this week.

Reactions: thewoodlands
We had 7 degrees this morning, since the basement was 85 and up hear was 72 I put some cherry in the wood stove and the pellet stove was shut off.

You'll be near zero end of the week, winter storm coming Tuesday in the northeast so we can stretch our stoves out this week.
Wednesday night we have a low of -4, Thursday -6 and Friday night a forecast low of 3. According to AccuWeather, we might get 1-3 inches of snow tomorrow.

Reach out to your “primo” stacks boys and girls. Two days of arctic blast is coming!

Wednesday and Thursday the menu will consist of sugar, BL and HL

Normally, I am that way too. But.......you know
I have the cheater stove for backup (pellet stove) for these temps but once I see -25 to -35 coming in our best firewood will be brought in along with running the pellet stove.

Reactions: heavy hammer
Indeed, wood stoves are just space heaters. In my case the NG will be helping some.

Most weather sites are calling for a low of 17 but we're at 15 tonight, tonight the Liberty has a load of yellow birch going and the pellet stove has been off since this morning.

The basement was still 75 before the fire was started in the Liberty so we shouldn't need the pellet stove tonight.

It was 16.8 this morning, I took some ashes out and then started a nice fire with some yellow birch and soft maple. With the colder temps coming in tomorrow, we put in two loads of firewood this morning, it included hard maple, soft maple and some rounds of ironwood.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
NOAA is calling for a low of 20 tonight, we'll go with just the wood stove with some hard and soft maple.

Last edited:
First serious cold here tomorrow night, I have some nice dry hickory and oak saved just for the occasion.

Cold start with high in the teens today. Load of apple and load of walnut.

Were supposed to have temps in the mid teens tonight so locust and ash will keep the stoves fed for the next day or so.

We had 20.1 this morning with a nice snowfall, we loaded up the Liberty with some of the maples this morning over coffee.

NOAA is calling for -2 tonight with a windchill of -22 so both the wood and pellet stove will be used.
1576689863939.png

Last edited:
We're at 0 so far tonight with the Liberty getting a load of sugar maple and the pellet stove set on manual on a medium setting.

Reactions: heavy hammer